What’s New in Simian 2.3?
Simian 2.3 is the latest iteration of the Simian application. It contains numerous new and updated features, most notably:
- New 64bit/32bit compatible audio engine – Use Simian 2.3 on Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 32/64 bit, Windows 8.1 32/64 bit, and Windows 10 32/64 bit
- Simian File Sync Utility – Sync and backup your audio files and logs, trigger sets, hotkey sets,and more, all automatically, and without third-party software.
- New Weather and Forecast Background Service* – New built-in utility to automatically retrieve weather and forecast information. You no longer need to deal with the GETWEATHER and GETFORECAST macros!
- Configurable Segue Fader Curve – Set the shape of the fade on segue. Now cross-fading is also an option in addition to simple fade-out.
- New Hardware Connector Functionality* – Add-on Hardware Connector background services for integration between Simian and third party hardware. Hardware Connectors are currently available at the time of writing this document for Axia console/GPIO nodes/PC Audio Driver and for GatesAir PR&E Oasis console. Hardware Connectors for other hardware may be made available in the future
- New Email Notification Engine* – Receive email notifications when there is a playback/AutoReplace error, program log is changed by user, CHAIN macro error, crash recovery was engaged after a restart, Simian is closed by th e user, program or hardware options are accessed by user, or the security options window is accessed by the user.