Voxpro System Version 7
VoxPro is unique. Out of all the recorder/editors in the world, ONLY VoxPro integrates a dedicated ergonomic controller with purpose-created software designed expressly for use on-the-air to record, edit, and play clips in real time.
Whether you use it for call-ins, interviews, ad hoc comments or spots, or whatever you can think of, all you need is a few minutes with it to realize why it has become the universal standard.
Explore this page and learn about all the ways VoxPro can make your life easier, your shows more professional, and your workchain more efficient.
VoxPro digital audio editing system is the de facto standard for live radio recording, editing and airing of clips in on-air control rooms and newsrooms worldwide. With it, clips can be recorded, edited and aired in moments.
For the user, VoxPro offers advanced features including Auto-Import, Auto-Record, EZ-Export, Automatic Gain Control, networked file access, customizable folders, and our trademark VoiceSlip effect for handling host/caller talk-over.
For the engineering staff or system administrator, VoxPro makes networking a snap; its flexibility and versatility allow it to be used in any physical or network configuration. User accounts are managed by means of simple ASCII text files, and user audio files are maintained in a standard Windows format.
Fast, reliable, and easy-to-learn, the VoxPro software is most often used with the optional USB control panel. Users may create password protected folders for their own work. Unlimited undo and redo, remote start, and one-button insert record are just a few of VoxPro’s more used features. 10 GB of hard drive storage holds about fifteen hours of stereo files.
What’s New In VoxPro7?
For version 7, VoxPro introduced a brand new set of functions that make live editing faster and easier than ever before!
- The industry’s most popular editor/recorder gets a new signal processing toolset for letting talent quickly clean up phone calls for on-air presentation.
- New ClipCleaner toolset includes spectral display, parametric EQ, de-esser, compressor, expander, limiter and noise gate for processing channels independently or jointly. Comes with a standard library of presets for easy setup.
- FX Macros to create one-button macros for frequently used effects and other editing operations. FX Macros can be used to create a preset for any available effect that can then be assigned to an on-screen button for quick recall.
- A new onscreen QuikSearch box and the ability to color-coded files and hotkeys makes navigation even faster.
- In addition to a new FX Editor, Wheatstone designers also overhauled the VoxPro Effects menu, making special effects like chorus, reverb and distortion much more accessible and making recent effects settings “sticky” for automatic recall.
- Support for importing 24-bit files, a new feature in GapBuster to automatically detect the noise floor, and the use of a hardware-based graphics library for smoother and more efficient performance.
- Extended support for WheatNet-IP audio networking.